Panoply is a podcast network providing listeners with high-quality, smart audio shows. Panoply creates, distributes, and monetizes audio content from dozens of publishers, personalities, and independent podcast producers. A full-time staff of producers and a network of freelancers power original programming from Revisionist History to By the Book.
If you listen to podcasts, chances are you've used our tech.
With such a big mission that a small team is supporting, we are looking for individuals who are capable of owning and finding a solution to a problem. We tackle problems at massive scale and complexity for a medium that we love.
We plan on continuing our tremendous growth over the past few years as leaders in the podcast industry. Here are some of our plans for 2018:
- Enable listeners to engage with audio in new ways
- Help new podcasters realize their ambitions, reach listeners, and produce great content
- Support the podcasting industry with innovative advertising that brings relevant messages to podcast audiences
- Create tools to better assist and empower the content creators using our platform
- Shape our infrastructure to support the scale and rapidly increasing growth of the podcast industry
At Panoply we value and trust one another. We foster a communicative and collaborative environment where everyone has a voice. You'd be joining us in our brand-new, bright and open, collaborative office space just steps from the Metro in Washington, DC.
We believe in using the right tool for the job and strive to create a learning environment where team members can expand knowledge outside of their comfort zone as well as hone their already developed skills. Core pieces of our stack include:
- Ruby (Rails)
Panoply welcomes applicants of diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Production experience in React (optional)
Some of the perks of the job include:
- Panoply Labs: regularly scheduled time set aside for us to explore and learn in problem spaces outside of our day to day work
- Funds for learning and career development including conferences and learning resources; our developers have attended or spoken at RailsConf, NationJS, ReactRally, GopherCon, and Strangeloop
- A comfortable, casual work environment with the tools and setup that make you happy
- A supportive team dedicated to individual and company success
- Competitive salary and benefits, including comprehensive health insurance, 401k, tuition assistance, parental leave, and more