About The Position
Working alongside the product and technology teams, Panoply’s data analyst will push the boundaries of what’s measurable and actionable in audio on demand, providing insights that deliver value for customers and form the foundation for Panoply’s business strategy.
The ideal candidate will be equally comfortable crafting complex SQL queries, performing VLOOKUPs across a 12-tabbed Excel document, or presenting concise and highly relevant findings to the executive team.
Based in downtown Washington, D.C., the position reports to Panoply’s Director of Product.
- Empower stakeholders in each department to incorporate data into day-to-day decision making without direct assistance.
- Develop and evangelize a small number business metrics for each major company initiative and departments.
- Automate delivery of key reports across the business.
- Work with product to promote a culture of data-driven decision making and rapid cycle testing.
- Consult regularly with engineering on data schemas and modeling, metrics aggregation and data warehousing.
- Develop and hone Megaphone’s use of groundbreaking demographic and behavioural data for ad targeting and publisher insights.
- Represent the company in industry-wide conversations around measurement and standards in podcasting.
Attributes of the ideal candidate:
- Smart, hardworking and nice.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics/statistics, economics, or business.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in a related position.
- Proficiency in SQL and relational database management.
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools and Excel.
Bonus points for:
- Advanced degree in a relevant field.
- A keen eye for data visualization and design consistencies.
- Firm grasp of subscription and ad-supported business models.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Experience with Looker.
- A love of podcasting.
Perks of the job include:
- Panoply Labs: regularly scheduled time set aside for us to explore and learn in problem spaces outside of our day to day work.
- Funds for learning and career development including conferences and learning resources.
- A comfortable, casual work environment with the tools and setup that make you happy.
- A supportive team dedicated to individual and company success.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including comprehensive health insurance, 401k, tuition assistance, parental leave, and more.