Engineering Team Lead, Advertising Tools
Panoply Media is seeking an Engineering Team Lead for Advertising Tools. This individual will lead a small team of engineers, developing advertising solutions for the podcast space.
On a day-to-day basis, the team lead will:
- Work with Panoply’s Product team to turn business goals into achievable milestones for the team
- Guide the technical direction of the team, including architecture decisions
- Ensure that engineers have the resources they need to succeed, providing mentorship and guidance
- Represent the team to other areas of Panoply, outside customers, and industry partners
Panoply is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
- 5-10 years software industry experience, including web applications
- Experience leading a software project and incorporating stakeholder feedback
- Experience as a contributor to a professional software product
- Technical expertise and the ability to break down and examine software architecture tasks
- Enthusiasm for leading a team of engineers and guiding their development, both in the software they write and their professional experience
- Experience leading or mentoring engineers in a formal leadership role, a non-managerial tech lead role, or a less formal capacity
- Ability to provide technical guidance and code reviews
- Deep understanding of web development architecture and concepts
- Experience working with Product, UX, and non-technical teams within an organization
Nice to have:
- Ruby on Rails experience
- Interest in podcasts or podcasting
- Familiarity with online and/or audio advertising
- Panoply Labs: regularly scheduled time set aside for us to explore and learn in problem spaces outside of our day-to-day work.
- Funds for learning and career development including conferences and learning resources.
- A comfortable, casual work environment with the tools and setup that make you happy.
- A supportive team dedicated to individual and company success.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including comprehensive health insurance, 401k, tuition assistance, parental leave, and more