Sr. Product Manager, Ad Tech
About the Role
Panoply is looking for a Senior Product Manager of Ad Technology to work in the fun and dynamic new media environment of podcasting. The position will work closely with our product, UX, and ad-tech engineering teams as well as our publisher and advertising partners to build industry-leading software in the rapidly growing marketplace of on-demand audio advertising.
This job is based in Washington, DC, and reports to Panoply’s Director of Product.
About the Company
Panoply Media produces extraordinary podcasts, provides breakthrough technology for advertisers and publishers through Megaphone, and delivers premium children's content through the Pinna app.
With over 150 shows in our network, Panoply is both a producer of and network for innovative podcast content. Panoply creates original podcasts including By The Book, Family Ghosts and partners with influencers like Malcolm Gladwell on Revisionist History and Gretchen Rubin on Happier With Gretchen Rubin. The Panoply network includes exceptional content from Slate, The Wall Street Journal, Politico and more.
Panoply Media's advertising and publishing platform, Megaphone, provides unprecedented technology for podcast publishers and advertisers, connecting publishers with tools to monetize premium audio and connecting advertisers with unparalleled access to a diverse listenership. Powered by Nielsen, our Megaphone Targeted Marketplace (MTM) allows advertisers to target more than 60,000 audience segments based on a listener's location, interests, demographic profile, purchase behaviors and more.
Pinna is a new screen-free and ad-free storytelling app for children ages 4–12 featuring Peabody-winning original series, interactive game shows, irresistible audiobooks, and popular children’s podcasts. Pinna’s programs include gripping adventures, enchanting bedtime stories, lively science and history shows, and so much more!
- Guide a cross-functional team of elite engineers, designers, and ad operations professionals to conceptualize and build the premier ad platform for podcast publisher and advertisers.
- Work closely with the Director of Product to shape the product roadmap and overall strategic direction with an eye towards maximizing customer acquisition, advertising revenue, and partner satisfaction.
- Stay abreast of all changes in the rapidly evolving digital audio market, from new advertising formats and smart speaker APIs to competitive podcast platforms. Share that learning across the organization, and adjust product strategy accordingly.
- Work with our data team to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of new and existing products.
- Work with our UX and project management teams to integrate usability studies, market research and analysis, and customer feedback into product requirements.
- Enthusiastically engage with partners, including direct response and brand advertisers, ad ops users, publishers, sellers, and Panoply’s executive team to shape and communicate product cycles and strategic priorities.
- Inspire a small-but-mighty, tight-knit team of in-house engineers and designers to release on time and in budget.
- 3-5 years of experience leading technology projects.
- Some experience required managing ad servers, order management software, supply- or demand-side platforms.
- Experience working closely with software engineers.
- Phenomenal design sensibility around how to take complex systems and turn them into simple, compelling experiences.
- Ability to build examples through wireframes and mockups.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and analytical abilities.
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web applications.
- Real passion for media and digital audio.
Perks of the job include:
- Panoply Labs: regularly scheduled time set aside for us to explore and learn in problem spaces outside of our day to day work.
- Funds for learning and career development including conferences and learning resources.
- A comfortable, casual work environment with the tools and setup that make you happy.
- A supportive team dedicated to individual and company success.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including comprehensive health insurance, 401k, tuition assistance, parental leave, and more.
Panoply is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.