Ruby on Rails Developer
About the Role
Panoply is looking for a Ruby on Rails developer to work in the fun and fast-paced new media environment of podcasting. The developer will work closely with the technology and product teams in our Washington, DC office to develop technology that shapes the future of podcasting.
About the Company
With more than a decade of award-winning podcasts and deep knowledge of the medium, the Slate Group launched Panoply, the premium podcast network of top publishers and thinkers. Panoply is a fast-paced, innovative podcasting company with two major focuses—(1) producing and monetizing compelling audio content like the #1 hits Revisionist History from Malcolm Gladwell and The Message from GE Podcast Theater and (2) Megaphone, the premier technology platform for spoken word audio and a complete end-to-end solution for the distribution and monetization needs of enterprise audio publishers.
- Build and maintain technological infrastructure that powers Panoply’s podcasts
- Coordinate with tech and product stakeholders to address user needs and prioritize work
- Write clear, maintainable, and well-tested code
- Contribute to team knowledge and code quality by sharing areas of expertise through pair programming and collaboration
- Strong experience with Ruby on Rails
- A focus on object-oriented design and beautiful, well-tested, and maintainable code
- Good knowledge of relational databases
- Experience or familiarity with agile development
- An eagerness to communicate, work collaboratively, pair programs, and solve complex problems
- A passion for innovation, pushing the boundaries and trying new tools and technologies
Across Panoply, generally, the company looks for three “pillar gifts” in its candidates:
- Smart: displays a quickness of understanding, sound thought and good judgment.
- Hard-working: embodies enthusiasm, eagerness and passion for high quality work and professional success.
- Nice: characterized as considerate, thoughtful and compassionate towards peers and partners.
Working at Panoply means flexible office hours, casual dress, full benefits, competitive salaries, and vibrant offices in downtown Brooklyn & Washington D.C. We have a friendly work environment, but coolness under pressure and comfort with short time horizons is a must.
Panoply is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.