Software Engineer, Ruby
Panoply is a podcast network providing listeners with high-quality, smart audio shows. Panoply creates, distributes, and monetizes audio content from dozens of publishers, personalities, and independent podcast producers. A full-time staff of producers and a network of freelancers power original programming from Revisionist History to By the Book.
If you listen to podcasts, chances are you've used our tech.
We're looking for an enthusiastic Ruby developer with production experience to help us reinvent podcasting. Panoply has a small technology team (currently fewer than 10 engineers) that supports a variety of large initiatives, where each engineer can make a large impact across the stack.
With such a big mission that a small team is supporting, we are looking for individuals who are capable of owning and finding a solution to a problem. We tackle problems at massive scale and complexity for a medium that we love.
We plan on continuing our tremendous growth over the past few years as leaders in the podcast industry. Here are some of our plans for 2018:
- Enable listeners to engage with audio in new ways
- Help new podcasters realize their ambitions, reach listeners, and produce great content
- Support the podcasting industry with innovative advertising that brings relevant messages to podcast audiences
- Create tools to better assist and empower the content creators using our platform
- Shape our infrastructure to support the scale and rapidly increasing growth of the podcast industry
At Panoply we value and trust one another. We foster a communicative and collaborative environment where everyone has a voice. You'd be joining us in our brand-new, bright and open, collaborative office space just steps from the Metro in Washington, DC.
We believe in using the right tool for the job and strive to create a learning environment where team members can expand knowledge outside of their comfort zone as well as hone their already developed skills. Core pieces of our stack include:
- Ruby (Rails)
Panoply welcomes applicants of diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Production experience in Ruby
Some of the perks of the job include:
- Panoply Labs: regularly scheduled time set aside for us to explore and learn in problem spaces outside of our day to day work
- Funds for learning and career development including conferences and learning resources; our developers have attended or spoken at RailsConf, NationJS, ReactRally, GopherCon, and Strangeloop
- A comfortable, casual work environment with the tools and setup that make you happy
- A supportive team dedicated to individual and company success
- Competitive salary and benefits, including comprehensive health insurance, 401k, tuition assistance, parental leave, and more