Director of Design
Panoply is a rapidly growing company with a highly visible brand, bringing millions of listeners the smartest conversations that podcasting has to offer through top tier partnerships with publishers like the Wall Street Journal, Vulture, MTV, Gretchen Rubin and many more.
We are looking for a talented and creative Director of Design. We pride ourselves on having superior UX and a strong visual identity that defines all aspects of our brand, from marketing to technology. This is where you come in!
As the Director of Design, you will lead a growing design team at Panoply. This includes overseeing and setting the design vision, strategy, workflow and team structure to achieve world-class, beautiful and functional design along with streamline collaboration between our design, product, marketing and engineering teams at scale.
In this role you will:
- Empower and mentor designers on your team; fostering a collaborative, creative, and positive environment within a growing team.
- Hire, onboard, train, and mentor new team members.
- Provide clear and directional feedback to designers.
- Lead creative ideas, vision and strategy to both designers and non-designers.
- Adopt and improve existing design workflows to ensure consistency and quality across all delivered designs.
- Continue to cultivate a creative and vibrant team culture.
- Communicate consistently and effectively with teams and project stakeholders across multiple departments.
We’re looking for:
- A solid portfolio demonstrating a range of strong design and conceptual skills.
- Experience as a design leader across multiple disciplines with proven experience leading design efforts on projects at scale.
- Proven experience building and maintaining style guides and streamlined UI/UX workflows.
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively with other team members and departments (both designers and non-designers).
- An extremely detail-oriented, resourceful and well-organized candidate who can handle multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- A keen eye for design and can successfully work within a brand framework.
- Strong management experience with an exceptional ability to empower and lead a team of designers.
- Extensive knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, and InVision.
- Ability to create and work towards an overall design vision that supports and enhances business goals across the company.
- Ability to consider long-term sustainability in all design decisions and maintain an eye for reusability in designs.
- Strong communication skills with a keen ability to champion the best ideas.
- Ability to relocate to our DC office (if based elsewhere).
Bonus points for:
- Inspiring written communication skills to help with copy editing and proofreading.
- Production Experience with motion graphics or video production.
- Illustration skills.
- Having a love for all things podcast.
Perks of the job include:
- Panoply Labs: regularly scheduled time set aside for us to explore and learn in problem spaces outside of our day to day work.
- Funds for learning and career development including conferences and learning resources.
- A comfortable, casual work environment with the tools and setup that make you happy.
- A supportive team dedicated to individual and company success.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including comprehensive health insurance, 401k, tuition assistance, parental leave, and more.
Panoply is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.